Friday, January 7, 2011

Snowmen

Life & Laughter
The comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes, was so funny and one of my all-time favorites.  Some of the best ones were the snowman bits.  Here are a few goodies...




The Pursuit of Art
I made this Snowmom and Snowbaby for my mom for Christmas.  It started out as an ornament, but got too heavy.  So now it's just a figurine.  She wants to keep it sitting out all year, but I'm afraid she might get sick of it.  The northern lights and snow scene were accomplished using Photoshop.

4 comments:

  1. this is really cute. I have made a plethora of snowmen ornaments in the past for my family. I find if you start with a aluminum foil base(balls) it cuts the weight significantly. Although now that I study it further, I suspect the blanket was the heaviest part? Still, I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for checking out my pages and taking the time to write. I plan on doing a lot of caricature masks out of polymer clay. I'm working on a Steampunk Conan O'Brian at the present and should have it posted within a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds AMAZING. I can't wait to see it. Are these masks going to be life size? I didn't realize steampunk was an actual genre until reacently. It definitely intrigues me and has my mind swirling on some jewelry designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The masks will be about 3" tall. They can be worn as jewelry, framed in a shadowbox or just collected in a curio cabinet. I'm really excited about 'em. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete