Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Life
Looking back at last year, I just cannot imagine what the new year has in store for us.  I'm raising my digital glass and wishing health and happiness for us all.

Laughter
Mitch Hedberg was a hilarious stand-up comedian who left us way too soon in 2005 at the age of 37.  He suffered from stage fright, often covering his eyes with his trademark sunglasses.  Some of his shows were done with his eyes closed.  But he had some funny things to say and his memory lives on.  Here is a small sampling of Mitch Hedberg witticisms:

"Every book is a children's book if the kid can read!"

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them."

"I drank some boiling water because I wanted to whistle."


The Pursuit of Art

Here is my first piece of polymer clay art, a Steampunk Fetish Bear. After many mistakes and two weeks of trial and error, I finally finished it. It’s tough when you have to teach yourself something like this, but when mistakes are made, they are lessons well learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment