Sunday, January 16, 2011

Paper Sculpture Progression

Life & Laughter
"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."
-Fred Allen

The Pursuit of Art
Paper Sculpture Progression.  Try saying that with a mouthful of water!  Here are the major steps I take to make a paper sculpture.  You can use your imagination to fill in all the minor step.  The subject is Heath Ledger as the Joker.

Step 1: The drawing


Step 2: Seperate the drawing into pieces


Step 3: Color the pieces with an art editing program and cut them out.


Final Step: Glue it all together.

Piece of cake!

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome! I have done some paper sculpture... to an extent. I started with a diorama based on my 2d art, and then did some ATC's based on that. It was so fun, and a big hit at our Artist Trading Card session. Do you ever do ATC's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did tons of ACEOs of my paper sculptures professionally printed on watercolor paper.

    ReplyDelete