Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fragile

Life & Laughter
Mr. Parker: "Uh, 'frah-gee-lay.' It must be Italian!"
Mrs. Parker: "Oh, I think that says 'fragile,' honey."
Mr. Parker: "Oh, yeah."

While driving to work yesterday, I noticed a white box in the middle of the road. It must have fallen off a truck or moving van. The word GLASS was carefully written in large block letters on the side of the box. Being concerned about this box sitting in the middle of the road, I pulled over to the curb. After waiting for traffic to subside, I walked over to the box. I pulled out my Sharpie, and above the word GLASS, I wrote the word BROKEN. Problem solved, I drove away.

The Pursuit of Art
Captive bred poison dart frogs are not poisonous, but they are very fragile creatures.  I used to have bumblebee poison frogs in a huge terrarium with a waterfall.  The proper name for this frog is Dendrobates leucomelas.  Those in the frog collecting or breeding hobby, simply call them "leucs."  Here are some photos of my leucs, along with a paper sculpture I did of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment