Monday, January 10, 2011

Harold and Effie

Life & Laughter
Every once in a great while, I get the urge to write a poem. I never take my poetry too seriously as evidenced by the ballad of Harold and Effie:


Harold wed Effie
Way back in fifty-nine
She never moved much
And ate all the time


It didn’t take long
For Harold’s’ cute spouse
To swell and expand
As big as a house


But Harold loved Effie
And her huge thighs
Right up to the day
Of Harold’s demise


You see…
Harold had to pee
But couldn’t aim a bit
So Effie made a rule
Harold must sit


Sitting was just what
Harold was doing
When Effie walked in
With bowels just a stewing


Effie spun around
And started to squat
She never saw Harold
There on the pot


Effie grunted
Then Effie farted
And just like that
Harold departed

The Pursuit of Art
I used to collect fossils, particularly shark teeth.  At one point, I had over 4000 of them.  I sold almost all of them on Ebay.  My best shark tooth sold for a staggering $660.00 on Ebay.  This illustration from 1995 are samples of shark teeth that can be found in a little streem known as Big Brook in New Jersey.


No comments:

Post a Comment