Thursday, February 3, 2011

Owling at the Moon

Tater came up with a good one today.  He said, "I can't wait till tomorrow!  We're watching "Diarrhea of a Wimpy Kid'".

The creative process of Owling at the Moon:
The tree was accomplished by dripping colored inks down thick, wet watercolor paper.  While wet, the paper was crumpled, straightened, and crumpled and straightened again.  After the paper dried out, the tree design was cut out, embossed and rolled in spots.
The owls were cut, embossed and assembled.
The grass was added digitally, along with a space shot from the Hubble telescope and a moon shot from NASA.


4 comments:

  1. I love this. In my culture(Iroquois), the owl is the "guardian of the night".

    I really like the technique you used on the tree. Pretty fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I'm not posting very many clay projects becuase I'm running into some problems with some new techniques. In the mean time, I'm posting some of my old stuff. Some of it is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it was earth clay, and not polymer clay I could help you out. Alas, I am pretty basic with polymer. Still, keep posting, I love looking at your work and reading your comments and inspirations.

    ReplyDelete